"Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe? The usual approach of science of constructing a mathematical model cannot answer the questions of why there should be a universe for the model to describe. Why does the universe go to all the bother of existing?" — Stephen Hawking
1. I don’t like folding laundry or talking about my emotions. I’m likely to leave both scattered all over.
2. I’m not much for cooking but there will always be coffee.
3. I’ll wear anything of yours with sleeves. I love when they’re long enough to wrap around my hands.
4. Sometimes the world is too harsh, too big. It’s hard to leave the house on days like those.
5. When I was sick as a kid my mom would run a bath for me and wash my hair. It was always so soothing. Maybe you could do that every once in a while.
6. I find it difficult to finish most things. My room is home to countless journals of incomplete thoughts.
7. I won’t love you any less in December. I think my heart just wasn’t meant for the cold.
8. I never truly know why I’m crying so don’t bother to ask, simply be there.
9. There’s whiskey in the medicine cabinet.
10. If things get terribly bad, please don’t give up. Get me in the car and drive to the sea. The waves beneath my toes will wake me up and I’ll be yours again.
Things to know before promising you’ll stay - CS (via chaeronea)
the fact that you did not value me
does not mean that i am not valuable.
From The Beginning ~ Emerson, Lake & Palmer
There might have been things I missed, but don’t be unkind
It don’t mean I’m blind
Perhaps there’s a thing or two I think of lying in bed
I shouldn’t have said
But, there it is
You see, it’s all clear
You were meant to be here from the beginning
Maybe I might have changed and not been so cruel
Not been such a fool
Whatever was done is done - I just can’t recall
It doesn’t matter at all
You see, it’s all clear
You were meant to be here from the beginning … ♪♫
"Lost, is it, buried? One more missing piece?
But nothing’s lost. Or else: all is translation
And every bit of us is lost in it
(Or found — I wander through the ruin of S
Now and then, wondering at the peacefulness)
And in that loss a self-effacing tree,
Color of context, imperceptibly
Rustling with its angel, turns the waste
To shade and fiber, milk and memory.”
— James Merrill
A Thirsty Fish
I don’t get tired of you. Don’t grow weary
of being compassionate toward me!
All this thirst equipment
must surely be tired of me,
the waterjar, the water carrier.
I have a thirsty fish in me
that can never find enough
of what it’s thirsty for!
Show me the way to the ocean!
Break these half-measures,
these small containers.
All this fantasy
Let my house be drowned in the wave
that rose last night in the courtyard
hidden in the center of my chest.
Joseph fell like the moon into my well.
The harvest I expected was washed away.
But no matter.
A fire has risen above my tombstone hat.
I don’t want learning, or dignity,
I want this music and this dawn
and the warmth of your cheek against mine.
The grief-armies assemble,
but I’m not going with them.
This is how it always is
when I finish a poem.
A great silence comes over me,
and I wonder why I ever thought
to use language.
treebystream: Kanamori Yoshio, Moonlit Landscape, Shôwa period, 1926-1989
"No one can make you feel anything. Emotions are whatever you choose to feel. It might be an instantaneous decision - to choose to be happy or sad or offended or hurt - but it’s still a decision.” — Lisa Magnum
almost complete (by jublin)
I said, ‘You are the beautiful, mistress of mathematics.’ I said, ‘For you, I would peel open the clouds like new fruit and give you lightning and thunder as a dowry. I would make the sky shed all of it’s stars like rain and I would clasp the constellations across your waist; and I would make the heavens your cape and they would be pleased to cover you. They would be pleased to cover you. May I please, cover you, please.’
Yasiin Bey | The Mighty Mos Def (via theeducatedfieldnegro)
"Life does not give you big, simple answers, Caitlyn. It demands patience, focus, and an open, intelligent mind to gather the pieces of a puzzle and fit them together into a coherent whole. Nothing worth knowing is ever easily learned." — Lisa Cach
Christian Schumann - Being (by sarcoptiform)